Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 8, 2011

Hello Family!
This week has been good.  Just some logistical things first, I can only talk for about 5 minutes tomorrow morning.  My flight leaves around 7 tomorrow so I'll be calling you early in the morning if everything works out.  I'm excited!  Did you get the package of my contacts?  There'll all +7 and 7.5 instead of -.  I hope they got to you.  I still have about a box left for each eye in my prescription.  What a pain! I'm sorry about that.
I wish I could send you more emails and letters and let you know everything that I've been learning and experiencing, but we can only write on Pdays and at the MTC our P-day ends at 3.  Not a lot of time when you fit laundry and personal and comp study and eating and cleaning and exercising into the works. 
This week was a little harder than last week (probably because Satan saw my email last week and decided he needed to crack down - Haha). No, it wasn't that bad.  I had more good experiences with teaching practice (we've committed about 4 people to being baptized - if only they were real :) ) and I grew even closer to my district.  The elders are such goof balls.  They're always stealing each others' name tags and making noises with them like bazookas and doing other things to be obnoxious.  It makes things funner, though, and they definitely all have the Spirit with them when they teach.  I'm glad I'll still be able to see my district in the field, since we're pretty much all going to Oklahoma
I'm excited to get out and start finding people and teaching them the gospel!  I know it's true and I know I'm where I'm supposed to be.  I've loved coming to a better understanding that the gospel really does change lives, and I'm excited to see it at work. Thank you all for helping me get here, and for being patient with me when it took so long to decide. 
Would you mind telling the Szilagyis (I know I spelled their name wrong) thank you for me for the notes they wrote? They were all so sweet, and so appreciated. Their address was covered up. Charie sent me a letter too that I loved.  Also, if you wouldn't mind forwarding emails to Sister Church that would be great.  Her email address is on my gmail account.  She's been so nice to write me a lot.
I'm writing you a letter with more stories from this week, since I don't have a lot of time on here.  I love you all so, so, so, so much!
Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment