Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28, 2011

Hello family!
 
There have been lots of miracles this week!  We went by the apartment of someone Sister St. Clair has been working with and she gave us back her Book of Mormon and told us she wasn't interested anymore. That was a bummer, but from there we went tracting and found an apartment of people who were so nice and really interested in the message.  If the uninterested woman hadn't given us back her Book of Mormon we wouldn't have had enough for the people who were interested! They all promised to read and pray about it.
 
We have an investigator named Austin who is wonderful.  He was referred to us by the girl who got baptized the first day I got here.  After the first lesson we asked him if he would get baptized and he said yes!  We've taught him three lessons now and the Spirit is always so strong. We haven't even taught him about the Word of Wisdom yet but he's stopped drinking because he heard about it. 
 
One more amazing person is Bang Phan.  We taught him about the Word of Wisdom and it was a huge bummer for him because he drinks coffee every morning and has the best, most expensive kind from Vietnam.  We called him the next day to see how he was doing with the coffee and in his broken English he said, "I throw it away."  Everything we teach him, no matter how hard it is, he accepts so quickly even though when Sister St. Clair started teaching him he didn't even know anything about God or Jesus Christ.  He's felt the Spirit and it's changing his life.
 
An adventure this week had to do with finding a brown recluse in our apartment!  It was in the flower vase right next to where I was writing in my planner, and when I noticed it I just about died. Sister St. Clair was on the phone so I had to wait for her to get off.  We took the vase next door and the big black guy who lives there said it was a brown recluse because of its fangs and its predatory nature., which didn't make me feel much better :).  It was especially bad because just that morning we'd tracted into someone who had gone to the hospital that morning for a brown recluse bite!  These spiders like crawling into bunched up stuff on the floor, and I've been sleeping on a mattress on the floor, so I panicked.  Sister St. Clair had the wonderful idea to put my mattress on our kitchen table (which used to be the clerks' desk), and it actually was pretty comfortable and definitely far enough off the ground.  We told the elders about it at Zone Conference because it's funny, but one of the elders who is way too nice decided to donate his box spring to the cause, so I have a real bed now.  I'll feel really bad if he gets bitten by a brown recluse since he's sleeping on the floor now!
 
Missionary work is amazing and I'm learning so much.  Miracles happen everyday.  I hope everyone is doing well! I love you so much!
 
Love,
Sister Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment