Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 1, 2011


Hello Family!

This week was a very good one. Sister Boone is wonderful. She's Navajo and grew up on a reservation just outside of Paige, Arizona. She's very sweet and dedicated and smart. I'm excited to work with her.

Last week we had a scare with Sister Friedland. We got a call from her canceling our appointment, and then she wrote Sister Olsen and the member family that have become her friends that she didn't want them to come over anymore. They went over anyway and it meant a lot to her that they wouldn't give up on her. She came to church with them and had a wonderful experience. We all had dinner together that night and she loved that, too. I'm so grateful for that family for following the Spirit and going to see her.

Last week we got a few referrals from members we don't know. Usually with those kinds of referrals the people don't know we're coming, but both of the ladies we talked to were expecting us and were excited for us to be there! We're going to start teaching them next week and I'm very excited.

I've had some fear and stress this week. I want to be the perfect senior companion and when I've seen my weaknesses I've felt like I can't become better. It's been a great growing experience, though, learning to rely on the Savior. I know He will help me do what I need to do and He doesn't expect me to do it on my own.  It will be a good transfer.

I love you all very much (ridiculously much)!  I hope you have a great time at Bear Lake and it doesn't rain on you too much :)

Love,
Sister Monson


No comments:

Post a Comment