Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22, 2011

Hello Family!
 
This week was a good one. We've started teaching some new people, which is always good.
 
We had a lesson this week with Mary and Jacob and their biological mom (they're foster kids). The kids can't get baptized until they're back with her, so it was great to be able to meet her. She wants the missionary lessons. I'm sure the gospel will help her straighten her life out so she can get her kids back and then they can all get baptized together!
 
We did a lot of service this week. We've started volunteering at a food pantry, which is fun, and we cleaned a potential investigator's house. She opened up a lot to us afterwards and is ready for the lessons now.  We did both projects the same day and wore our working clothes. When we were done we had to go straight to a lesson, and I realized I hadn't packed my nice shoes! I wore my skirt with my tennis shoes for the rest of the day. It was pretty funny/embarrassing. Luckily we weren't out in public too much.
 
We meet the most interesting people. We had a man talk to us at Walmart and want to meet. He got our number, called us, set up the appointment, and then took over the lesson when we met with him. It was weird to have the tables turned! He's reading The Book of Mormon, though, so hopefully he'll want to meet again in the future and let us teach :).
 
I love you all so much! I hope you each have a wonderful week!
 
Love,
Sister Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment