Tuesday, May 3, 2011

April 25, 2011










Hola Familia!
 
This week was a good one.  The weather here is pretty crazy!  It's been raining hard for a couple of days now, and everything is covered in water.  There's been a lot of lightening and thunder.  I'm hoping for a tornado :)  
 
When we teach Jeffrey, he often has questions from his Book of Mormon reading.  His worldviews are so different from ours because he's from China, so he asks some questions I would never expect to get.  One of his questions this week was really funny.  He showed us Alma 3:3 and Alma 4:4 and was VERY concerned about it.  You should look it up :).  He asked us if it's not taboo in America to do such a thing.  I don't think any of our answers satisfied him. 
 
This week we were riding our bikes back to our apartment for lunch and we saw a girl sitting on her porch, smoking.  Sister St. Clair stopped her bike and said we needed to talk to her.  We did, and found out she's a very lost girl.  She was born in Colombia where her parents were missionaries from Assemblies of God, doing construction, but now she doesn't know if she believes in God. She doesn't know what she's doing with her life, doesn't have a job, isn't going to school.  She might be moving to Chicago soon to see what it's like there.  When we started talking to her about The Book of Mormon, she said she'd been dumpster diving a couple weeks before and found one in the dumpster and kept it.  She said that meeting us was a sign that she should read it.  I hope she does and she lets the Gospel change her life.  I love how much purpose and meaning and hope the Gospel brings.  
 
Our Easter was fun.  Sister St. Clair set out the basket we got from mom (which was amazing - THANK YOU!) and a flower we got from Frank this week, and other Easter stuff, so when I came out in the morming it was all Easter-y.  That was fun. 
 
I'm so grateful for our Savior.  I have so many weaknesses and it's easy to get discouraged with myself, but I feel so much hope when I think about the changing power of the Atonement.  I know that no matter what mistakes I make or anyone else makes, the Savior has the power to  take those away and help us be better than we are.  We just have to go to Him.  I always knew that in my mind before, but I'm coming to really understand it, and it makes me so happy.
 
I love you so, so, so, so much!  Have a wonderful week!
 
Love,
Sister Monson  
 
PS - We remembered the pictures!
 
12 is me and Elder Monson (he figured out that we're 1/2 3rd cousins once removed)
53 and 54 are me and Sister St. Clair and the Womping Willow
55 is a pretty street called Walnut



5 Images | View Slideshow | Download Selected | Download All  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment