Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011

Hello, Family!
 
This week has been good.  The bikes are still an adventure.  We got our helmets from the mission office, and since we're the first sisters with bikes they're meant for Elders.  They're huge.  Last week it was windy and as we were riding the wind blew Sister St. Clair's helmet off the top of her head so it was all skee-wompus and covering her eyes.  It was funny.  They probably aren't very safe.
 
Monday night we were tracting. We knocked on a door and the man who opened said, "Didn't you see the sign outside? You aren't supposed to be knocking here." And then shut his door.  That made me sad. As we were leaving, though, he ran out and apologized and said he was just concerned for our safety, because it was late and dark and we shouldn't be knocking on random people's doors.  We thanked him for his concern.  The next day we were talking to a man who lives across the street from that complex, and the same guy saw us and walked a block to come and tell us we could come by his apartment sometime, when it wasn't dark.  We did and had a lesson with him, and he believed the things we said and wants us to come back! It's amazing to me that Heavenly Father can make something good come out of something that seemed so bad at first.
 
Saturday we had another baptism.  The guy is named Luke Simpson.  He's in our ward, but he's been taught by the Elders because he has a thing for Sister St. Clair and tries to flirt with her all the time.  When he first started investigating about four months ago he asked her out to a dance.  We got to have a part in the baptism process, though, and it was a good baptism.  It's been a huge blessing to be able to see so many people join the church in the short time I've been on my mission.
 
We met a guy from Nigeria named Shola a few weeks ago and we got to meet with him this week.  When we asked him how he feels about the Savior, he said words can't describe his feelings.  The Spirit was so strong as he said that.  We taught him about The Book of Mormon and he said he believes it is true, even though he hasn't read it yet.  It was really amazing. 
 
Once again, we forgot the other pictures.  I'm so sad because I've been excited all week to show them to you.  We will (hopefully) bring them next week, though! 
 
I love you all so, so much!  I know this church is true and I know our Savior lives.  I am so grateful for Him and for the things He was willing to go through for us. I am especially grateful as I am away from you that He made it possible for me to be with you, my amazing family, forever. 
 
Have a great week!
 
Love,
Sister Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment