Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17, 2011

Hello Family!
 
This week was good. We saw the foster kids and one of them has almost finished The Book of Mormon! It was pretty amazing. We also taught the law of chastity to the Pratts and the Browns and it went very well. Sister Pratt was shocked that getting married or separating is required before baptism, but she said, "I have to in order to get baptized, so I will."  She said a prayer thanking Heavenly Father for "our wonderful church." Brother Brown said that getting back into the church has reminded him why he joined in the first place, and he wants to be the best he can be. Now we just have to wait for him to pop the question :)  It was an amazing lesson. That's what missionary work is all about :)
 
We've done a lot of tracting last week which always leads to meeting all kinds of people. We've been hearing a lot about a preacher calling us a cult lately.  Do you hear about that in Utah? Maybe it's just a Bible Belt thing. The fall weather has been beautiful and all the leaves are changing color, so it was very nice to walk around and enjoy it.  Sister Boone and I will be staying together in Nixa for another six weeks. The people we're living with are putting their house on the market next month, though, so we'll be moving. We don't konw where quite yet.
 
I know The Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it testifies of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for its clarity and the Spirit I feel as I read it. I know the Savior lives and that He is the Son of God. I've been reading Jesus the Christ for awhile now and I'm amazed at the life He led and the things He was willing to do. He was willing to follow the Father's will in everything, even in suffering so much. I can do my small part to follow His will too. I love the Lord and I'm so grateful for the wonderful family I have. I love you!  Have a great week!
 
Love,
Sister Monson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment