Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011

Hi Family!
 
This week has been good.  I've met more people and had some good lessons.  We teach about 1/2 as many lessons as I did in Springfield and I think it's because our area is huge. We only have so many miles we can go in our car, so if people live far away from us we can't see them as often.  People are also harder to get ahold of here, and we spend more time traveling.  Good things are still happening, though.
 
We met a family last night in a town called Crane, which is in the boonies.  The population size is 157 people and everyone's in trailers.  Anyway, we taught them about The Book of Mormon and the mom committed to read it and pray about it.  She had started reading it already and has liked it so far. 
 
We meet with a lot of less actives here and this week we saw a mom and daughter named Julia and Vanessa.  Julia has been having anxiety problems, and Sister Olsen said that in the past she's been really hard to have lessons with.  Since I've had anxiety problems too, though, I was able to talk about it with her and then we were able to have a good lesson and she came to church!  That was a huge blessing. 
 
There are a TON of fireflies here. In the evening everywhere you look there are little lights blinking.  They're pretty cool.
 
I love you all so much and I hope you're all doing well!  I know this church is true.  I know the Savior lives and has made it possible for us to improve and become better than we are.  Without Him we wouldn't have that hope.  So many people here believe they're saved and don't need to do anything.  I'm so grateful to know that we need to continually have faith, repent, and keep the commandments, because so much peace comes from doing so.
 
Love,
Sister Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment