Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20, 2011


Hello Family!
 
I'm in Nixa, MO now!  Nixa is a beautiful place - really, really green.  It's really spread out, too.  We cover Nixa and some little towns called Clever, Crane, Billings, and some other ones.  We have a car and I'm the driver.  Sister Olsen and I both went to Timpanogos.  She was a year older than me and doesn't remember me, but I vaguely remember her.  She's really dedicated and diligent.  She's been on her mission for a year this week.  She's only been in this area for one transfer, though, and doesn't know it very well, so we've gotten lost a few times and have a lot of people to meet, but we'll figure it out and things will start rolling :).
 
We have an investigator named Brother Donelow.  He has a baptism date in July.  He's a really sweet old man.  I've only met him a couple of times so far.  It seems like most of the people we work with are less actives and their family members.  We also work with a lot of kids who are past 8 and haven't been baptized yet.  That's a pretty big change from Springfield.  It'll be good to learn how to work in a different way.
 
Because I came from an area just 20 minutes away and it was the singles' ward, I know a lot of people here!  That's been a blessing.  I've also met a few people already from the day I'm came here for exchanges. 
 
Before transfers we had a lesson with a couple of Chinese guys and the Elders.  We tracted into them and they were excited to meet with us.  We found out in the lesson that they're Jeffrey's classmates!  That was a fun surprise.  They might be the same ones that had heard anti from Jehovah's Witnesses and told Jeffrey about it, so it was great to be able to meet with them.  Jeffrey told us he was sharing the gospel with his classmates, too, so that was great. One of them, Ray, flattered us and told us he thought a requirement for being a missionary for our church was good looks.  Then he turned to the pictures in the front of The Book of Mormon and said that Moroni was a very strong and handsome man, like the Elders, and that the woman was very beautiful, like us.  The "woman" he was referring to was Joseph Smith.  That was pretty funny. 
 
I love you all very much!  I know I'm where the Lord wants me to be and I'm so grateful to all of you for your support.  Have a wonderful week!
 
Love,
Sister Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment