Thursday, June 14, 2012

June 4, 2012

Dear Family,

I hope you all had a great week! Mine was good. We had Stake
Conference and interviews, so that was fun. They broadcasted the
conference from two buildings, which was interesting. Half the
speakers were in our building and half were in the other. One of the
new Melchizedek priesthood holders was a Durney! They were in the
other building so I didn't get to meet them, but it was neat to know
that Dad's cousin is in my stake after all.

We had a good lesson with a part member family we live with when we're
in Skiatook. The husband isn't a member.  I've felt strongly that we
need to talk to him about The Book of Mormon. We did and committed him
to read it. He told us that just a couple weeks ago a visitor at
church committed him to read it, too, and he thought that was funny.
He said that he would and then said a beautiful closing prayer that we
would have success and that he and his wife could read The Book of
Mormon.

We had a couple of interesting days last week when we ran out of miles
we could drive and we left our phone charger in Skiatook so our phone
died.  I was a little stressed :).  We were miraculously able to get
the rides we needed, though, and it all worked out and we met a lot of
people. At about 8:30 on the last day without a phone or car I was
exhausted. We'd been walking around a lot and everywhere nearby had
already been tracted. I didn't want to go home early but I knew I
couldn't walk anywhere else. We got to a park and I sat down on a
bench while Sister Birati put some pass along cards around. Three
teenagers walked into the park. One of them was a girl who had come to
church before with her best friend. She said she'd talk to her friend
about coming again. Then as we were walking away from them a less
active teenager and his friend came to the park and we were able to
talk to them. By the time we were done it time to go home. I was so
grateful to God for once again providing me with a miracle when I was
lost and tired. I know He's there and He answers prayers.

I love you all so much!  Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment