Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 8, 2012 Ward Newsletter

Dear 3d Ward,

Merry late Christmas and Happy New Year!  I hope everyone is well and things are good.

My mission is continuing to be a great experience.  I recently transferred from Missouri to a little branch in Sallisaw, Oklahoma.  I live in a tiny town called Roland.  Sallisaw is just a little bit bigger.  If I come back saying "was" instead of "were," "whenever" instead of "when," and "yous" instead of "you," and if I use phrases like "cut it half in two," then you'll know I've learned my mission language.  The people here are fun and really nice.

We had some wonderful experiences in my last area.  We met a family that I just love.  The man was a convert and he was in the army and got lost soon after getting baptized.  Somehow we got his records and his girlfriend and her daughters started learning and despite of a lot of opposition from family and friends they kept meeting with us and gained testimonies of the Book of Mormon.  I've really found that no one who reads the Book of Mormon sincerely can deny that the Spirit is there as they read, and it testifies of the truth.  They got baptized and one of the girls plans on serving a mission!

In this area we just had the baptism of a girl whose grandparents are recent converts.  Her mom and sister are going to start learning now too.  It's amazing how the Gospel spreads to individuals and then to families.

I'm so grateful to be a missionary.  I know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's restored church and that we have the fullness of the gospel.  I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that He makes it possible for me and for everyone I love to become better and have peace in theis life and the next.  Thank you for your support!  I love you!

Love,
Sister Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment