Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28, 2011

Dear Family,
 
This past week was wonderful!!!!  And amazing!!!  The Sisters Conference was so fun. It was all rest and relaxation. We carpooled to Tulsa on Tuesday. The Elders in Springfield have a van so we used it and they used ours while we were gone.  I drove all the way.  We picked up sisters in Springfield and in Joplin. It was crazy to be able to see Joplin. It's been months since the tornado, but there's still a lot of damage. 
 
At the conference we watched a couple Journey of Faith DVDs, visited, played a game called tower ball that's like a mix between baseball and cricket, took lots of pictures, made little candy turkeys, watched a really funny home video the Merkleys made years ago, had a talent show, watched Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concerts, decorated the mission home for Christmas, had a clothes swap, played basketball and visited a lot. We also had a really amazing discussion with President Merkley about some deep and amazing parts of the Gospel. I learned so much from that. It was a great time and it was so fun to meet all the sisters and see Sister Gray again. She and Sister Boone were the only companions I've had that are still in the mission. The sisters are all amazing. 
 
I got a transfer call!  I'm leaving Nixa on Thursday and going to Sallisaw, OK with a sister named Sister Williams. She was one of Sister Boone's companions in the MTC. I'm finally going to Sallisaw.  That's where I was going to go all those months ago but it never worked out. I'm sad to be leaving everyone here that I love so much, but it'll be cool to go to a new place and work with new people. I know that it's where Heavenly Father wants me to be. 
 
I love you all so much!  Have a wonderful week!
 
Love,
Sister Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment